Rick Johnson Pickering City Councillor
Rick Johnson has served the Pickering, Ontario community for over 2 decades. He’s held a number of roles, and in December, 2014 Rick resumed familiar responsibilities as City Councillor for Ward 3, including management and administration of the Pickering’s Resources, attending Council, Committee and Board Meetings and of course being involved in the community on many levels. During his time on Council, Rick has served as: Deputy Mayor; Durham Region Public Works Chairman; Central Lake Ontario Conservation Authority Chairman; Veridian Energy Corporation Director; Durham Non-Profit Housing Director; Durham Region Master Transportation Plan Chairman; Member of GTA Regional Public Works Chairs Committee.
You can email Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact him through the Pickering Civic Centre at 905-420-2222.
Rick’s Vision and Priorities for Ward 3 Pickering for the next four years include:
Taxes and Jobs:
- Hold the line and make certain that residents have full value for their tax dollars
- Build a stronger Commercial Tax Base, add Jobs and support Local Small Business
- Create well paid Sustainable Jobs in Pickering and a strong Industrial Tax Base through development of the HWY 407 Business Corridor as per the Hemson Report
Community Safety and Services:
- Expand number of Fire Halls
- More snow plows – better services
- Safer Parks and Streets through support for Community Policing
- Better Transit integration and service to newer communities
- Continue to Develop and Expand Seniors and Recreations Facilities
- Develop an integrated plan for road upgrades in North Pickering
- Continue to support many areas of this important aspect of our community and beyond.